Sunday, April 2, 2017

Kind

Today I'm sharing a card I created for Freshly Made Sketches 281. I always love playing along with their challenges! So inspiring! Here's the sketch:

And here's what I came up with:


...a super CAS thank you card featuring Concord & 9th's Kindhearted Stamp Set.

I drew some light pencil lines to help guide my stamping of the hearts. I added the black outline to several of the hearts to tie everything together and add some interest. After placing the vellum sentiment flag I realized it need a little something more, so I die-cut some small hearts from Lawn Fawn and glued them on top of the vellum. This also gave me a few places where I could hide some adhesive to keep the flag from flapping around (it's folded over the stamped panel and adhered to the back of the panel----sandwiched between the panel and the card base, but I liked the idea of just a tiny bit of adhesive on the front side as well).


I hope you like my card for today.

Thanks for stopping by!

-------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Kindhearted Stamp Set (Concord & 9th)
Ink: Lobster/Fake Tan/Jalapeno/Merman (Lawn Fawn), Bubble Gum/Butter Bar (Hero Arts), Deep Iris (Altenew), Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Vellum: White (DeNami Design)
Embossing Powder: Clear Zing! (American Crafts)
Dies: Nesting Card Templates (Lifestyle Crafts), Hearts Lawn Cuts (Lawn Fawn), Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things)
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink Of Stella (Zig)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Zots (Therm-o-web), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura) 

4 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Very cute take on the sketch. I love how you outlined a few hearts to highlight them.

Karen B. said...

Such a bright and happy card!

Kim S said...

LOVE the fun way you've done all of the hearts! Love that some have the outline. Love the way some are on top of the vellum. It's a great card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on the sketch! This is so cute!